This year Pet can get a bigger spotlight as his/her Krewe builds a Paws Parade Float, competes & wins $1,000 in prizes. The $250 cash & prizes go to the Pet, of course.
Fun Family or Group of 2-10 people laughing & playing together to build a Float to complete in the Paws Parade. Supplies available for purchase or bring your own.
A Pet can also walk in the Parade with his Person, Family or Group of Admirers. Each Walker gets a Ribbon & the Pet can win prizes for Best dressed, Look Alike or Best Float.
Register & pay entry fee online by April 18th or by noon at the Festival. Krewes can decorate Floats between 10am & 1:15 pm each day or bring the Float decorated. The Paws Parade line-up is 1:30 pm, with Paws Parade at 2 pm both days.
Runners, People with or without Pets, can race Sat 8 am, at a 5K Fire Run to benefit the Edom Fire Department. Festival hours are 10 am to 5 pm each day. Sniff out 125+ Vendors with pet items & gourmet foods, handmade folk & vintage items, festival foods for people and an awesome Kids' Zone with crafts and activities. Perk up your ears listening to Performers on 2 Stages. All are Pet Friendly venues.
Edom is at Hwy 279 & FM 314. Just 11 miles south of I-20, exit 540; Between Tyler & Canton; From Hwy 31/Brownsboro go North 5.3 miles to Edom. Get to Edom, where Art comes to life & pets fit right in.
1. All dogs must be on a leash
2. Proof of current rabies vaccination required on dogs, cats and ferrets
3. No female dogs in season
4. Parade participants must be in control of their pets at all times
5. Groups are encouraged to identify themselves with a banner or sign
6. Float Contest: No motorized vehicles (Allowable: wheelbarrows, skateboards, wagons, skates, etc.)
7. No political promotions
1. Paw Parade Participants: Fee: $5 donation (optional) Ribbon to each registered participant.
2. NEW! Float Contest: Fee: $25 per Family or Individual; $50 per Club or Group
Prizes: Main Gift: *$250 Cash; $25-$100 Gift Certificates from Pet Shops, Vets, Grooming, boarding, spay/neutering, etc.
3. Paws Float & Walkers Compete for Prizes & Trophy:
Best of Show
Best Dressed Pet,
Web Application (preferred method) by Wed April 18th OR at Event. (Link to form below)
(Fax) 844-633-6689 OR Email Pets@VisitEdom.com
Register, On-site by 1 pm, both days at Pet Booth
Notice: By Registration participants agree to:
1) Adhere by Parade Rules & judgments
2) Waiver of liability posted at web sites, Facebook & at Sign-up Booth.
Each are posted or linked above, on Facebook & at Sign-up Booth